How to break your logic down into smaller sections
Logic files can often look daunting. Breaking your logic down into smaller sections can help in a number of ways:
- It looks neater, clearer and less confusing.
- It helps you to keep track of the sections you have done and have not done.
- It helps other people to make sense of your logic.
- It helps you to find specfic parts of your logic.
If you want to write something that is not logic in the logic file e.g. the title of a logic section, or a note to yourself, you can use the '#' sign. The words you write on the line after the '#' sign will appear in green and will be easily distinguishable from the rest of the logic file.
We recommend you write your logic in a logical order and break it down into sections using the '#' sign. For example, your subheadings might be:
- # Registration/login pages
- # Randomisation logic
- # Pages for intervention group
- # Pages for control group
- # Questionnaires
- # Session 1 logic